The Bexar County Courthouse is listed in the National Register of Historic Places and is located on the south side of the Main Plaza of San Antonio. Construction of the four-story, Pecos Red sandstone structure began in 1892 and was designed by James Riley Gordon. Working with 3/DI Architects, Kincannon Studios (formerly ARCHAIC) participated in the survey of the entire building, recording a stone-by-stone account of the existing conditions. Field measurements and conditions where recorded by the use of a custom, software application developed by team members WASA, and was designed to plugged into an AutoCAD program. After the data was collected and the drawings completed, team meetings were held to review the data reports. A preservation philosophy and plan was developed thereafter that encompassed historical research, construction and carving details, material research, field testing, as well as cost estimates. The Bexar County Courthouse project was a 3-phased project and our studio participation spanned over the years, 1996-2000.